Growing, very reputable and industry leading manufacturer is looking for an HR Manager in the Salt Lake City, Utah area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $120k plus an annual bonus opportunity. Relocation assistance is also available. Candidates must have an HR background in manufacturing.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Salt Lake City, Utah
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead the development and implementation of strategy for an important area of responsibility within a function, anticipating complex issues, challenges, and opportunities, and ensuring integration with wider functional strategy.
- Develop functional or operational policies and help develop policy frameworks for area of responsibility or department. Take responsibility for creating underlying procedures and monitoring their implementation.
- Identify requirements for HR frameworks and tools within an important area of responsibility to meet business needs. Specify the design and manage development and implementation, ensuring compliance with external requirements and integration with the broader HR policy framework.
- Provide authoritative specialist advice to senior managers at the business unit or regional level to enable the implementation of policy, projects, and change initiatives.
- Develop and investigate multiple hypotheses, using a wide range of HR data to diagnose underlying causes of key business issues and identify opportunities to enhance employee engagement and/or improve business performance.
- Identify and communicate the actions needed to implement the function's strategy and business plan within the business area or department; explain the relationship to the broader organization's mission, vision and values; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
- Develop and/or deliver budget plans with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Manage projects or substantial workstreams within a transformational change program, ensuring integration with related projects; use structured change management methodologies to build acceptance of change and to embed desired culture and behaviors.
- Specify, develop, and test HR data collection procedures and tools within an area of HR practice to meet defined key principles and ensure compliance with external requirements.
- Use the organization's formal development framework to identify the team's individual development needs. Plan and implement actions, including continuing professional development specified by professional or regulatory institutions, to
build their professional capabilities. Provide informal training or coaching to others throughout the organization in own area of expertise to enable others to improve performance and fulfill personal potential.
- Manage and report on the performance of a substantial, diverse team; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports or project / account team members and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of team / personal objectives.
Business or Human Resource Management
University / Post Graduate (Masters Degree)
HR Certification Preferred
6 or more years in a manufacturing environment and in a manager role
Substantial HR work experience together with comprehensive job related experience in own area of expertise to fully competent level. (Over 6 years to 10 years)
Experience of planning, managing and organizing resources within short / medium timescales within the overall policy framework. (Over 6 years to 10 years)
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training, and health and safety programs.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel
- Develop or administer special projects in areas such as pay equity, savings bond programs, day care, and employee awards.
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests.
- Provide terminated employees with outplacement or relocation assistance.
- Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as food service, transportation, or relocation service.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.