Growing petroleum distributor and environmental response company in St. Louis is seeking an Environmental Chemist to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of wet lab experience and a Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology or related field, required, M.S. in Chemistry preferred. Considerable knowledge of environmental chemistry as it applies to the testing of samples, interpretation of results, and the communication of those results is required. Large facility with new, state-of-the-art equipment; excellent benefits.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Saint Louis, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Receiving, processing, analyzing and recording environmental data (water and soil) for internal analytical purposes
- Must be motivated, self starter
- 5 to 10 years wet lab experience required
- Experience with tools including: mass spectrometer, ICP, and GC equipment
- RCRA environmental testing experience, including volatiles, semi-volatiles, Pcb's and MSD water testing.
- Have solid knowledge of the ASTM Standards
- Be able to utilize TOC and Mercury analyzer
- Be able to work independently and autonomously in the lab
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related field required, M.S. preferred
- MS Office software capabilities required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.