Immediate opportunity for a 6-12 month contract for a Mechanical Designer who has advanced AutoDesk Inventor skills.
Ideally would love candidates that have experience working on drawing that are complex industrial systems, creating Platform and Steel Drawings, Equipment Drawings, Piping and Isometric Drawings. Candidates do need to be local.
location: Hudson, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Mechanical Designer develops drawings and other documentation following established standards or other technical specifications for the fabrication and installation of company systems. This involves the creation of General Arrangement Drawings, Platform and Steel Drawings, Equipment Drawings, Piping and Isometric Drawings, Foundations, and other mechanical drawings as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares drawings by working independently and completing own research to create all drawings required to complete a project; developing a layout of the system, components, and parts; drawing multiple views of the system, components, and parts; depicting relationship of components and parts; identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials.
- Prepares bill of materials by studying drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies and verifies specifications by examining engineering documents; performing calculations necessary to complete dimensions and tolerances.
- Modifies drawings by studying changes, redrawing system, components, and parts.
- Maintains historical records by filing project notes, specifications.
- Maintains database by archiving drawings after issue.
- Checks work by utilizing company's standard checking procedures.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information independently; altering dimensions to meet specifications.
- Provides project manager with necessary project information by conferring with production personnel, vendors, purchasing personnel.
- Holds self accountable for personal time management and deliverables to meet project schedules and task deadlines.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships with all colleagues and project team members.
- 0-5 years' experience as a designer.
- Proven ability to complete projects.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess good English language communication, verbal and written.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently as required.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Autodesk Inventor
- Advantageous to have working knowledge of MS Office products, Autodesk Vault
- Advantageous to have knowledge of 3A standards and Evaporation Processes.
- This position does require a minimum of travel (≤5%) to equipment installation locations or fabrication shops to assist Engineers when required.
- Associates of Applied Science in Mechanical Design or related or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.