A Continuous Improvement Leader is needed for a large building materials company in Waterloo, IA. This position uses Lean, and Six Sigma to improve processes in the plant. Works closely with the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager to promote corporate lean initiatives. And uses continuous improvement methodologies to support the day-to-day plant operations.
- Excellent benefits package
- Relocation assistance is available
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a similar discipline
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of experience with Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma, and Statistical Problem Solving
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification - required
location: Denver, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead effort to implement best practices, ensuring adherence to the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Assist and mentor direct reports & plant management and CI teams with planning and facilitation of strategic plans, kaizen workshops, and other lean activities.
- Coach and train direct reports and plant leaders in lean manufacturing and problem-solving principles.
- Follow-up with operations ensuring successful implementation of Future State plans.
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
- Determine from part drawings and related engineering data the operation necessary for the fabrication and assembly of product.
- Develop and write sequence of operations as well as time estimates for each operation specification.
- Assists in maintaining bills of material for all machine components and parts.
- Create routings for the purpose of managing the flow of material throughout the manufacturing process & process mapping. ·
- Analyze existing operating methods and initiate and develop new method to improve economy and quality.
- Coordinates prototype drawings for products or processes with necessary support personnel.
- Responsible for the maintenance, distribution and accuracy of all production and post production engineering drawings.
- Coordinate the implementation of engineering change order requests for all related departments.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.