This is a hybrid role, with some work done remotely, but of course in-person meetings and attendance at various events will be required, so candidates must be located in the greater Washington DC area.
This position requires: (1) A Bachelor's degree. A law degree or public policy degree is preferred but not required. (2) A minimum of 4 years of related government relations or trade association experience. (3) Working knowledge of banking and financial services issues
Position includes a base salary, bonus, and outstanding benefits (including coverage of 100% of health insurance preimums along with $0 deductible).
- Maintain continuous contact with members of Congress, their personal office staffs and committee staff.
- Orchestrate grassroots/grass tops lobbying efforts to motivate members and influence Congress.
- Attend PAC events, both in-town and out-of-town.
- Assist association members visiting Congressional offices and agencies.
- Develop, draft and negotiate bill language and/or amendments.
- Cover and report on Congressional hearings and legislative markups.
- Work with association members to formulate association positions.
- Assist in developing strategies for lobbying Congress in coordination with legislative and regulatory teams.
- Assist with drafting congressional testimony, letters, position papers, regulatory comments, and articles.
- Help thoroughly prepare association members testifying before Congress and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare for, attend and report on association committee meetings and other events.
- Respond in a timely manner to banker and press inquiries.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.