To be successful as a scheduler, you should be helpful and courteous when answering telephone calls. Ultimately, an exceptional scheduler should be able to build and maintain a good rapport with referring physicians and staff.
salary: $17 - $23 per hour
work hours: 9 AM - 6 PM
education: High` School
- Scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling patient surgery appointments as required.
- Answering patients’ questions regarding basic medical tests and procedures.
- Providing instructions to patients to ensure that they are prepared for examinations and procedures.
- Confirming patient appointments.
- Courteously receiving incoming telephone calls and taking messages as needed.
- Explaining financial requirements and obligations to patients and entering payments into the practice management system.
- Scheduling referral appointments and follow-ups.
- Verifying insurance details and informing patients of un-covered fees.
- Filing documents and organizing supplies.
- Appointment Scheduling
- Medical Secretary Duties
- Surgery Scheduling
- Insurance verification (1 year of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level: Experienced
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.