- A legal secretary is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to one or more lawyers.
- This varies from transcribing and proofreading legal documents, scheduling court depositions, hearings, and meetings to filing and organizing important documents.
- Essentially, legal secretaries maintain the efficiency of all office procedures and case management to guarantee reliability and consistency.
- Legal secretaries may work in law firms and legal departments of private corporations.
salary: $16 - $18 per hour
work hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
education: High` School
- Transcribe and proofread legal documents
- Accurately file documents with the court ahead of deadlines
- Process third party and vendor invoices
- Arrange travel arrangements for attorneys
- File, organize, scan, copy and fax legal documents in a timely manner
- `Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Schedule court depositions, hearings, and other meetings
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.