- 5+ years of buyer experience in aerospace manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and basics preferred
- Raw material purchasing experience required
- strong negotiating skills and experience
- Experience implementing cost reductions strategies
- Experience with New Product Integration
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English language
salary: $60,000 - $65,000 per year
work hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Follows policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services.
- Work closely with NPI/Supply Chain Director on New Product & Program Integrations.
- Negotiates long term agreements and pricing agreements
- Manage all Raw Material purchasing needs and requirements
- Selects vendors on the basis of price, capability, and past performance following departmental guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records, including price histories and any problems in doing business with particular vendors.
- Implement and Monitor Metrics as required
- Works closely with managers scheduling production
- Solicit RFQ’s for Raw Material
- Maintain vendor pricing; continually check for better pricing
- Enter and maintain data in ERP system
- Maintain vendor contacts
- Support estimating as required
- Work independently and also as a team member.
The essential functions of this role include:
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.