Under the direction of Director of the Strategic Project Management Office, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing large and/or complex programs and projects throughout AltaMed, including the clinical sites with the aims of improving patient health outcomes and business results. The focus will be to design, plan, manage and implement the highest priority strategic business initiatives with significant financial, process, information systems and organizational impacts that span across multiple business lines and functions. Key attributes include the ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior business leaders and other project and program sponsors, quickly and comprehensively assess and address issues associated with supported initiatives, and the ability to identify and implement improvements within the overall project delivery process. She/he will be expected support and coach Project Management (PMBOK) processes and best practice development and to contribute in the department’s effort to institutionalize project management, program management, change management and lean processes throughout the enterprise.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent leadership, project management, and consulting skills; develop and execute project plans that deliver meaningful results on time and within budget.
2. Must be able to manage multiple and concurrent projects of various phases, types and business lines.
3. Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
4. Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
5. Candidate should be comfortable with Risk Assessments, Critical Path, Financial and data analysis and customizing solutions.
6. Candidate must have a balanced business/technical background:
7. Demonstrated technical background to provide highly-credible project management leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues. Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to provide project leadership across functional areas within the organization and collaborate with product owners and customers to develop valuable strategies and solutions to various business problem. Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills for frequent contact with internal customers and external stakeholders.
8. Technology and software savvy; ability to utilize MS Office Suite and Project Management software/programs.
9. Ability to positively influence the project team and provide recommendations for contingency planning
1. Ability to sit, stand, stoop, reach, lift (up to 10 pounds), bend, etc., hand and wrist dexterity to utilize computer.
2. Some travel required to sites/programs, special functions or external meetings.
Environmental Conditions Critical to Performance:
1. Work is in an office environment, climate controlled through central air conditioning.
2. May have some exposure to outside environments while traveling.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, health care, quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science) or related field is required;
2. Master’s degree in business, health care or quantitative discipline strongly preferred;
3. Minimum 5 years of experience required in project management with successful deployment demonstrating measurable positive results.
4. Minimum 2 years of experience in health care project management or process improvement required; health information technology implementation experience desired.
5. Minimum 5 years experience end- to-end information systems installation, migration and upgrade projects desired.
6. Project Management Certification required.
7. Change Management and Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certifications strongly preferred
Essential Job Functions of Job Description:
1. Accountable for the successful completion of projects on time, within budget and with excellent quality. The position also entails the following:
• Requirements gathering, planning resources, costs and timeframes to ensure project success.
• Monitoring and controlling team progress and ensure on-time delivery.
• Maintaining regulatory compliance, quality system and project goals.
• Managing project risks and implementing contingency plans to mitigate unforeseen events and changes in strategy.
• Presenting project proposals and status reviews to executive staff and other audiences.
• QA/ QC of overall product, system and service delivery,
2. Responsible for all phases of the project (kickoff to close-out)
3. Ensures that recommended technologies and program enhancements meet or exceed the user’s expectations; personally meet with users regarding potential problem areas, schedule delays, or other events which could affect project scope or completion.
4. Responsible for customer engagement, analysis of scope intake and project request analysis
5. Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, solution approaches, performance metrics and resources required.
6. Provides data driven solutions that promote continuous improvement.
7. Provides technical direction and reviews work produced to ensure technical excellence.
8. Educates and integrate business changes into operations, advocate process & tool changes and assists teams to adopt new practices, reinforces and sustains change.
9. Provides project staff leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of lower level staff and outside consultants.
10. Instructs and educates on all aspects of project; participate in developing training programs for different audiences.
11. Effectively facilitates dialogues between multiple stakeholder groups.
12. Effectively communicates to various senior level audiences through a variety of communication vehicles.
13. Establishes and manages effective professional business relationships with all levels of management.
14. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.