salary: $24 - $27 per hour
work hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
As the selected candidate, you will provide support for our client's high-throughput entomology testing platform via application of basic biological concepts and procedures. Responsibilities include the production of various solutions and artificial diets for insect bioassays, setup and scoring of insect bioassays, data entry, and usage and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
A bachelor's degree in biology, entomology, plant pathology or related field of study is required for this position. Key competencies include:
- Basic understanding of the principles of plant and animal life, attention to detail, results orientation, customer focus, teamwork, strong written and verbal communication skills, and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to work independently or as part of a diverse team.
- Experience in agricultural biotechnology or automation/robotics is a plus.
- Entomology (1 year of experience is required)
- Bioassays (1 year of experience is required)
- Plant Pathology (1 year of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level: Experienced
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.