- 2 years training at a technical school (Associate degree in Electrical, Computer or Math) or demonstrated aptitude for this type of work (Industrial maintenance would be considered as prior work experience)
- Basic computer skills (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exercises good communication, negotiation, organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record (CDL must be obtained and would be a plus if already acquired)
- Ability and willingness to work out of town
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
- Ability to work outside in an electrical substation environment, exposure to heat and cold, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting up to 50 pounds and working in elevated areas
- Ability to work on and troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic circuits and components
work hours: 7 AM - 5 PM
education: High` School
With close supervision, develop the following skills and the ability to work with greater independence. Install, maintain, test, adjust, troubleshoot, and repair apparatus in electrical substations which includes, but is not limited to instrument transformers, circuit breakers, transformers, regulators, capacitors, reactors, disconnect switches, and all associated equipment. Perform maintenance activities on substation equipment containing mineral oil or SF6 gas. Perform testing on substation equipment such as power factor testing, transformer turns ratio testing, current transformer ratio and saturation testing, insulation testing and other analytical tests as assigned. Comply with all company safety rules and procedures. Be responsible for tools, test equipment and vehicles.
- Electrician (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level: Experienced
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.