salary: $20 - $29 per year
work hours: 6 AM - 2:30 PM
education: No Degree Required
Day Shift: 6am - 2:30pm
Swing : 2pm - 10:30pm
Night Shift: 10:00PM - 6:30AM (Monday -Friday)
Waste Handlers is in charge of the shipping and handling of hazardous wastes; and receiving chemical shipments, handling and storage.
· Maintains standards of quality effluent as prescribed by SJ/SC WPCP.
· Actively operates a wastewater pretreatment system and batch treatment system, using metal precipitation and water clarification technologies.
· Controls pH, heavy metal concentration, and other specified parameters as required by SJ/SC WPCP and SJ Environmental Enforcement Division Waste Water Discharge Permit.
·Properly and independently labels all chemicals, including wastes, as required by DOT, OSHA and US EPA.
· Aids manufacturing and environmental, health and safety requests, as directed by manager.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 45lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- working up to 4 hrs of overtime per week
- chemical handling
- maintenance technician
- waste water
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level: Entry Level
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.