salary: $45,000 - $80,000 per year
work hours: 8 AM - 4 PM
education: No Degree Required
- 5 years + experience with manual milling machines (ie Bridgeport), grinders, lathes, drill presses, punches, brakes, cutters, torches, induction heaters, and hand tools within the aerospace, automotive or metal fabrication industries.
- Knowledge of tooling practices and techniques.
- Working knowledge with a vast array of materials, from common aluminum, copper, brass, and steel to some of the most difficult exotic materials ( Tantalum, Titanium, Lead, Kover, Ultem, Phenolic, FR-4, Teflon and Nylatron to name a few)
- Ability to lay out work, plan machine operations and quote jobs.
- Ability to perform difficult machine set-up and operations, improvise tooling.
- Ability to lift 20-30lbs as well as use hoist/lifting devices for heavier parts.
- Ability to read/verify drawing dimensions and tolerances for conformance using measuring instruments such as height gauges, calipers, micrometers and comparators. Also, visually inspect parts for burrs or damaged machined surfaces.
The essential functions of this role include:
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.