Randstad Healthcare is hiring Endoscopy Nurse Manager in Atlanta Ga. This will be a permanent position.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: In collaboration with Director of Endoscopy, responsible for the routine functioning of the Endoscopy Center. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting with the achievement of patient outcomes with the mission of the facility.
Provides individualized and specialized nursing care to patients within the endoscopy center in accordance with physician's orders, recognized nursing techniques, legal aspects of current nurse practice in the State of Georgia and the Center's policies and procedures. Is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to patients. Will have contact with the patient in each phase of his experience. Must be self-directed and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assess the need for nursing care based on the schedule. Ensure the development of a staffing pattern to promote nursing care commensurate with these needs.
- Determine needs of staff, develop/adjust time schedule and ensure appropriate assignments in accordance with staff abilities, patient needs and scheduling needs.
- Define nursing care needs in complex situations and identify nursing interventions to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of policies and procedures when assigning and administering nursing care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of personnel handbook policies.
- Assist in continuing education activities for nursing personnel.
- Provide direction/consultation to nursing staff, guiding them in the implementation of the nursing process.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients.
- Provide patient education.
- Document on all forms as required.
- Administer medication as directed by the physician under the guidelines of the State Board of Nursing.
- Communicate/interpret both standards and policies to staff, hold them accountable for maintaining current knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Facilitate quality improvement in the delivery of care.
- Maintain open positive communication with nursing personnel and other health professionals. Conduct documented staff meetings and in-services.
- Communicates with patients, families/significant others.
- Maintain professionalism within the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and personnel information.
- Participate in a continuing education program.
- Participate on committees as assigned.
- Assume responsibility for performance management, consult with Directors as appropriate. Perform performance evaluation, counsel and utilize the disciplinary process and document as appropriate.
- Facilitate efficient patient flow and bed management.
- Function as a professional role model: demonstrate effective listening skills encourage team participation in problem solving and achievement of goal.
- Demonstrate awareness of cost-effective resource utilization.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy, motivation and creativity as a team member.
- Supervise RN, LPN, and unlicensed personnel.
- Work collaboratively with the endoscopy manager, business office staff, clinical staff and physicians.
- Communicate effectively with Clinical and Medical Directors.
- Must be able to successfully cross-train to perform other tasks in the endoscopy center.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
State Licensure as RN required; experience in surgical services and or GI endoscopy required; 2 years management experience preferred; BLS required and ACLS certification recommended; good clinical assessment skills, flexibility and basic computer skills are necessary.
- Salary $85,000 - $98,000
- Shift 8am-5pm
- Bonus Potential $4,000
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information