Randstad is seeking to hire a skilled and reliable Business Analyst to work for a major community health network.
This position is fully onsite in Los Angeles, CA, and will be a full-time position.
The ideal candidate will be proficient with project management methodologies, and knowledgeable with Visio and SDLC.
If you are seeking a Business Analyst position with high growth potential, call 817-230-3387 to schedule your screening today!
Only on W2.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Knowledge of product & project management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- Ability to generate requirements documents that document the solution in business terms, and create clear requirements to enable application development
- Ability to develop test cases for new designs that validate the process and the system solution, and ability to execute testing for bug fixes and new capabilities being released
- Demonstrated understanding of technical design specifications
- Demonstrated understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design
- Demonstrated understanding of how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other
- Use case and activity diagram development (using software like Visio)
- Experience working with developers and QA
- Experience with prioritization and project management (from a documentation perspective)
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and organizational communication skills
- Must be able to communicate with technical teams and the Business side of the projects
- Attention to detail, ability to see between the lines, ability to analyze complex systems and/or projects
- Work with the project manager, project lead, and/or project sponsor and cross-functional user groups including Medical Management, Operations, IT and technical staff, Compliance, HR, and 3rd party vendor in support of future product application enhancements or acquisitions and to define and document business processes and user requirements
- Support Project Management and work with 3rd party vendors, developers, IT, and technical staff in order to create a simple, meaningful, efficient solution to business and systems requirements, and present this solution and obtain buy-off from the end-user group and project stakeholders
- Develop test cases for new designs that validate the process and the system solution, and be willing to execute testing for bug fixes and new capabilities being released
- As part of the Strategic Project Management Office, monitor Change Orders (Scope, deadlines, budget) and manage Change Requests (bugs and enhancement), and Provide project management skills to properly set and manage expectations and assure solution delivery
- Create and hold formal training sessions for the user groups
- Write/update reference/user guides and assist with manual creation and training to ensure change management needs are met for new or existing products and applications
- Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user class characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiate their responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
- Decompose business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for application development and for use by those who must base their work on the requirements
- Identify quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
- With guidance from Project Managers, Project Leads perform requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and conform to standards
- Participate in requirements prioritization and peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Document and Track requirements traceability information errors and defects, and write requirements defect identification and a notification
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including using and continuously improving a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization's requirements documentation policies, procedures, and tools
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects
- Identify ways to assist project managers in project planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or technical discipline required
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and software development processes, required
- 2 years of business case development, IT analysis, documentation, and verification of requirements documents or related roles, highly desired
- 2 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Business Analyst experience managing requirements of healthcare projects, highly desired
- Minimum three years of direct experience in working with IT developers and system design, Strongly preferred
- PMI-PBA Certification - Strongly Preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.