Our client in the Northwest suburbs is looking for a Product Support Engineer. You will provide technical guidance across the board for a leading edge solution working with a cross functional team of Engineers as well as other functions within the company. You will research the industry and work with customers very closely to incorporate market feedback into the solution.
location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Analyze and isolate fixed wireless networks issues. In particular, Microwave
- Work with company R&D Engineering and System Test to diagnose and isolate product issues
- Handles escalated technical support cases from front-line support
- Mentor front line support team to help them be more effective
- Troubleshoot customer network outages
- Recreate customer problems in a lab environment to develop resolution.
- Assist in site surveys and site walks which may require travel
- Preventative Maintenance on large wireless networks which may require travel
- Write knowledge base articles to provide customer-self help
- Consult with customers regarding network design, performance and reliability
- Write knowledge base articles based on resolution of technical support tickets as well as from general knowledge and experience.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical discipline preferred
- Solid understanding of microwave RF link design, site construction and FCC licensing
- Experience with RF spectrum analysis and noise mitigation
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and general networking concepts
- Proven ability with consulting, training, and mentoring with external and internal audiences
- Solid knowledge of network planning and analysis tools
- Able to use Visio, Excel, and other general-purpose software applications to create excellent documentation, reports, and presentations
- CCNP certification or equivalent work experience
- CWNP certification or equivalent work experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.