Randstad is looking for an experienced senior Software Engineer to work on highly scalable cloud solutions for one of its client. Senior Engineer will design, test, code and deliver high quality secure production software with completely automated tests suitable for cloud deployment at scale, and will participate in all phases of agile software development.
Required Skills - 3-5- Java
location: NASHVILLE, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years professional experience in software development with expertise in Java in enterprise environment is required, and professional experience with Kotlin highly desired.
- 4+ years professional experience with RDBMS, SQLServer or MySQL, data index, queries, query optimization etc.
- Experience with NoSQL Data Stores highly desired.
- strong working knowledge of cloud application development in AWS environment, including server-less development, RDS, and containerization.
- Ability to execute moderate complexity software engineering assignments when provided high level business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or senior engineer with minimal supervision.
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical risk and create documentation.
- Experience providing low-level design using established enterprise standards and technology; strong debugging skills.
- Proficient in Spring Boot, and other Spring frameworks.
- Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers, using microservices, loosely coupled architecture
- Experience with agile program management methodologies.
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical obstacles and solutions to complex challenges.
- CI/CD development in AWS, RDS, SNS, and cloud-based applications
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes
- Results-driven and pro-active to deliver and "own" their code
- Always a learner mentality
- Design, test, code and deliver high quality secure production software with completely automated tests suitable for cloud deployment at scale. Develop automated tests (TDD including unit, integration, smoke, acceptance tests) to achieve test coverage for continuous deployment and near 100% availability. Execute acceptance tests and maintain test artifacts in a shared repository. Add new tests when fixing defects.
- Collaborate with Tech Lead (TL) Cloud Engineer and Product Owner (PO) to refine user stories and acceptance criteria. Work with PO to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality. Work in small deliverable batches < 1 week to DOD. Participate in planning and in committing to team and individual objectives.
- Conduct research, spikes, design, prototyping and other innovation, exploration and learning activities.
- Trunk based development - commit new or modified code reviewed to the shared source code repository and master trunk daily.
- Pair with another Cloud Engineer when appropriate to develop code and associated automatic tests.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the software itself, team's process, CI/CD and development environments, including infrastructure as code.
- Eliminate distractions, impediments and wasteful work to optimize flow and velocity.
- Use feature toggles, multi-versioning, short lived branches and other techniques to keep the trunk working and always deployable.
- Minimize technical debt and continuously improve and learn from mistakes, bugs and refactoring.
- Help the team succeed in delivering potentially releasable and production ready software artifacts in every iteration.
- Demo progress/new features in every iteration
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- JAVA DEVELOPER
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.