WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Digital Experience Design group is seeking a Design System Product Manager who will define and lead the strategy vision for our Digital Design and Experience Innovation System, acting as the primary evangelist and facilitator for the Design System Product across the organization. You will play a key role in a larger leadership team, fostering positive, transparent, and effective collaboration among our UX Designers, Front-end Engineers, UX Researchers, and Product Owners, and Developers as we innovate this Design System and ensure its successful execution across our channels.
Reporting to the SVP, Head of User-Centered Design, you will lead the future of the experience-layer innovation across multiple user journeys and digital channels. You will bring leadership that reflects your empathy for internal and external users alike - not only our customers who expect a holistic, seamless banking experience but also UX and development teams who will build, maintain, and use the Design System to support that experience. You will leverage the User-Centered methodology to lead component design and implementation as well as define our organization's vision of harmonious, empathetic experiences for internal and external stakeholders. You will also contribute to the evolution of standards, frameworks, operations, and partnerships to increase collaboration and alignment among cross-functional teams.
location: LOS ANGELES, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Marketing Product and Digital Division
As a member of our Marketing, Product and Digital team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting banking products and finding innovative ways to engage and retain clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead the overall vision and strategy for building, executing, and iterating upon our Design System, the "single source of truth" for our UX Web and Native client experiences
- Increase the speed and consistency of new experience prototypes and their release to market
- Develop OKRs and KPIs for the Design System Product and report outcomes to senior leadership
- Enable UX designers and developers to create and organize all Design System resources, including source files, developer implementation tools, and more
- Foster collaboration between UX and development teams to co-create components of our Design System
- Be a champion of Accessibility and Inclusive Design across the organization and
- Incorporate feedback to incrementally improve the usability of the Design System to support UX and development best practices
- Facilitate meetings among UX designers, developers, and business stakeholders for cross-functional input, feedback, and implementation
- Create, manage, and advocate for Design System project roadmaps, communicating status updates to stakeholders and delivering value iteratively
- Facilitate Design Thinking sessions to foster a culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Stay current on contemporary design systems and incorporate trends, findings, and best practices into the Design System
- Bachelor's Degree or BSE in related field preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years as a user experience manager, interaction designer, or information architect. Direct experience with e-commerce, online classifieds, online data-reporting or large-scale web application development initiatives is an attractive plus for this position.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience interacting with Creative and Application Development Teams.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in working with three or more concurrent projects
- A strong sense of empathy and emphasis on the value of interpersonal relationships
- In depth experience in software engineering, UX and Interaction design
- A track record of success in leading Design System development and implementation
- Ability to "speak the language" of UX Designers and Developers, synthesizing the needs of cross-functional teams into measurable, deliverable action items
- Independent, strategic thinker and subject matter expert who can help build processes and act as an advisor to teams
- Experience with development repositories, platforms, and front-end frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap, Vue, GitHub)
- Proficiency with digital platforms and applications (e.g., Figma, Mural, Confluence, Jira)
- Experience in UX design or software engineering for Finance desired (but not required)
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.