Engineering Managers at Client see their team as their product. While they are technically credible and know the details of what engineers work on, their time is spent safeguarding their team's health, hiring world-class engineers, and putting everyone around them in the best position to succeed.
They own the delivery of product commitments and are always looking to improve productivity. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.
The Engineering Manager will manage Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, and Fullstack Engineers.
location: BOSTON, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $185,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Hire and maintain a distributed remote, happy, successful team
- Plan and execute long- term strategies that benefit your team and the product
- Understand Engineering KPIs and seek to improve them
- Manage two or more engineering teams, including at least one Engineering Manager
- Conduct interviews for job candidates, ensuring an excellent candidate experience
- Train and coach other Engineering Managers on effective management and hiring practices
- Generate and implement process improvements, especially cross-team processes
- Hold 1:1s with team managers and periodic skip-level 1:1s with all members of their team, providing regular positive and constructive feedback
- Oversee planning and team collaboration within product groups
- Facilitate Product, Quality, and UX performance via solid stable-counterpart partnerships
- Foster psychological safety on your team(s)
- Draft quarterly team OKRs and collaborate on Engineering KPIs
- Continuously improve product quality, security, and performance
- Management credibility: Past experience as an Engineering Manager
- Technical credibility: Past experience as a product engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exquisite brokering skills, and the proven ability to regularly achieve consensus amongst a variety of stakeholders
- Used or can quickly learn to use GitLab, Jira and Confluence
- A track record of collaborating effectively with others, especially creating successful partnerships with stable counterparts
- Past experience in a high-performance, high-growth organization (preferred)
- Past experience at an enterprise SaaS company experience (preferred)
- A formal computer science education or equivalent hands-on experience (preferred)
- Experience working with modern frameworks (for example React, Vue, Angular, Flask, FastAPI, Rails) (preferred)
- Experience working with distributed teams (preferred)
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- JAVA DEVELOPER
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.