We are a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we've taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what do we actually do? We're a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
We're passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Data underpins our entire business. It enables us to develop data-driven marketing strategies for our clients, provide robust attribution reporting on our campaigns and deliver compelling features within our SaaS platform.
We are looking for an inquisitive and self-driven Data Engineer to help us build and maintain our internal data platform and infrastructure. You may be working with internal stakeholders, developing functionality to enable internal tools that ingest data from a variety of sources and provide insights into our data.
Being one of the go-to data specialists within our organization, you will support the effective troubleshooting of technical issues such as database performance issues, and failed ETL jobs. You will work closely with a team of Data Analysts & Scientists, developing robust solutions and automations to optimize their workflows and to make data available and accessible across the organization.
location: NEW YORK, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Building infrastructure for ETL of data from various sources with reliable exception handling.
- Building and implementing analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insights into key business performance metrics.
- Management and structuring of data within our data warehouse, to be consumed by downstream applications.
- Monitoring the overall performance and stability of our data infrastructure, implementing improvements and optimizations as necessary.
- Scaling and iterating on data processes as we grow.
- Working with stakeholders across the organization and assisting them with data-related technical issues and developing solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience building cloud-based data infrastructure. (AWS Preferred.)
- strong experience with data warehouse design and management.
- strong experience building cloud-based data pipelines, data integration and data processing.
- strong Python and SQL skills, and proven experience working with major database platforms. (Postgres & Redshift preferred.)
- strong understanding of data science concepts and hands-on data analysis skills.
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools such as AWS Glue, Airflow and DBT.
- strong analytical skills & an eye for detail.
- Comfortable with tackling loosely defined problems with autonomy in day-to-day decisions.
- Experience with maintaining data infrastructure using Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Experience processing and handling customer PII and applicable privacy and security standards.
- Experience implementing and managing BI tools.
- Knowledge of the marketing ecosystem and understanding of common metrics.
- Data engineering certifications (e.g. IBM Certified Data Engineer)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- BI Tools
- AWS Glue
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.