1) Transmission Security Modeling experience;
2) Electric Utility experience; 3) 5 year SCADA experience. This position provides support for the EMS Network Applications and Model Management systems. These systems are used to update the Bulk Transmission Model for implementation in the Energy Management System (EMS) and other downstream applications and use that model to run critical real-time operational analysis including state estimation, contingency analysis. Engineer will participate in daily model update, support activities for Real Time and EMS upgrade projects.
- Participate and provide subject matter expertise in the daily Transmission Model Update process by modeling the electric grid and ensuring successful data transfer of such to downstream systems including EMS SCADA, Transmission Security Management (TSM) suite of advanced applications which includes State Estimator ,Contingency Analysis and Power Flow
- Provide real-time support for the reliable and accurate real-time execution of all Network Applications. This may include diagnosing and troubleshooting issues like non-convergence, bad data, application bugs, inaccurate modeling, for critical production systems
- Should be able to handle data exchange between neighboring utilities and ISO.
- Understanding of SCADA and ICCP to maintain real time data
- Participate in support for Operating Training Simulator
- Participate updating one-line diagram for Operator by maintaining Xcel Energy display standards.
- Understanding of Oracle database shell and Perl Scripting
- Bachelor with Electrical Engineering preferred with Power system or relevant experience
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience with EMS/SCADA GE XA21 or Power on Reliance will be considered.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.00/hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.