This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter with progressive experience managing a mainframe environment. In this role you will apply expert knowledge of engineering principles to research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain mainframe systems and product solutions. Assist with coordinating within IT and vendors on both technical and non-technical issues pertaining to mainframe computer system hardware and software. Conduct complex work assignments under limited supervision.
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of CICS for z/OS and MQ for z/OS subsystems across multiple Sysplexes and CECS.
- Provide technical direction and education as needed to an external outsourced partner and internal team members, ensuring expected outcomes are achieved per relevant contracts, SLA's & KPI's
- Prototype new features, functions and strategies of new application subsystem technology.
- Capable of creating the roadmap, processes, best practices, standards and strategies for continuous improvement of monitoring, performance, resiliency, availability, and scalability of CICS, DB2, and MQ on system z aligned to business objectives.
- Partner with internal lines of business to incorporate business plans into capacity plans
- Responsible for systems analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement, and deployment for multiple on-going projects to ensure proper performance and functionality requirements are met in the most cost-effective manner
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business need
- Create and manage life cycle of technical specifications using engineering best practices
- Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices
- Ensure compliance to licensing, hardware/software life-cycle management, and portfolio roadmaps
- Analyze incident, problem and change records to determine any trends or apparent problems that have occurred and take any opportunities to improve service quality
- Responsible for all audit initiatives related to the mainframe platform
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.