Are you interested in working on a powerful and efficient web-based CMS system that allows our Content Producers to curate various types of content and effectively deliver to a wide range of audiences on OTT (over the top television) devices? Do you have a passion for delivering awesome new features? If so, we'd love to talk to you about joining Sinclair Digital! We're looking for a self-motivated, top-notch Senior Java Engineer to join us in building modern impressive software!
OTT Platform team supports services for all our current and future OTT products including STIRR, The Tennis Channel, and Marquee apps. Our platform includes features such as content publishing workflows, ingestion, creation, and management of EPG and linear Feeds. We are working on a suite of services using a pluggable event based microservice architecture using Kafka, Redis, Cloud Search, MySQL, Java, Node.js and Video streaming services
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $170,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Help to design and develop application services and tools which support multiple workflows for content management.?EX: Authentication, User Management, Property Management, and Template Management
- Work with the team to develop platform systems that are architecturally sound, performant, scalable, secure, highly available, and reliable
- Follow and adhere to quality standards and software specifications?
- Commit and deliver features that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant on a regular cadence
- Contribute to and actively participate in all team ceremonies?
- Collaborate with team members and other teams and contribute positively to the company culture?
- Provide actionable solutions to new discoveries or technical hurdles
- Operationally support your?team's?products?
- Participate in design and code reviews, following established quality and best software development practices?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years software development experience
- 3+ years developing with Node.js
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and cloud systems (EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, EKS, API gateway,?Lambda, Cloudsearch)?
- 2+ years of experience with GitLab, SQL/NoSQL
- Experience working in an agile team and have participated in agile ceremonies
- Willing to learn new technology
- 2+ years development with React.js?
- Experience working on highly scalable and reliable?server-side?web services?
- Experience working on micro-service based complex distributed systems
- Previous experience working in a continuous delivery workflow
- Experience with writing both unit and automated tests?
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.