Global Financial Leader with Exciting Data Center opportunity
- Physical / hands-on essential workers
- Undergoing complex make-over
- Creative schedule enables extra days off compared to normal 5 days a week
- Put family first
- Free weekly COVID Testing
- WFH Rotations
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Unique workload each day (not the same thing every day)
location: Belleville, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 30 per hour
work hours: 12am to 9am
education: No Degree Required
World-class data center seeking experienced Data Center Technician for long term project role located in the Belleville, MI area. Basic responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Rack and stack enterprise class technology (network, storage and enterprise servers).
- Running, tracing, dressing and testing copper and fiber cables from patch panel to device.
- Familiarity with Patch Panels
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware/connectivity.
- Commission and Decommission of Hardware
- Must be able to perform component replacement (DIMMs, hard drives, power supplies).
- Adhere to Change Control Processes
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment providing layer one hardware installation, ongoing maintenance, problem identification and incident resolution.
- A strong working knowledge of data center processes and design.
- Hands on expertise of midrange systems in large scale (100+ servers) environments- IBM, HP, Oracle, & Dell server hardware.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills and the ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks interfaces through an online ticketing system.
- Understanding of switch/port configurations
- Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment
- strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
ROLE OPERATES ON 12 HOUR SHIFTS & ROTATING SCHEDULE
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.