Point of contact for IT needs for the Nutrition Quality organization. The QA organization includes division quality functions (e.g., product design QA, supplier QA, validation, audit, corrective and preventive action, document management, lab systems, label development, etc.) at all 14 manufacturing plants and 74 commercial locations and distribution locations.
Provide key input for the Global IT portfolio of the company Nutrition Quality function. Develop and maintain project/application roadmaps to align with business opportunities, process improvements, and cost efficiencies. Responsible for capturing and managing demand. Contributes to the business unit strategy and translates business strategy into an aligned IT strategy and portfolio. Champions change and innovation. Promotes a global perspective. Influences and partners with business leaders (DVP and Sr. Director Level) to manage and align the application and project portfolio. Constant awareness of evolving regulatory requirements in the business areas. Influences IT stakeholders and vendors in addressing these evolutions in their products and services.
Understand the Nutrition business and ensures that IT solutions meet the needs of the quality function. Partners with the business, has excellent understanding of the quality and lab processes, is aware of the evolution of technologies and has thorough understanding of quality regulations relevant to the Nutrition business.
Ensure the portfolio enables the organizations strategy through successful delivery of projects and systems. Partners with project delivery and support organizations to monitor delivery and support of QA and Lab systems. Collaborate with other parts of IT, adjacent business departments, and external partners. Collaborate with key IT staff of other company divisions to support cross divisional initiatives and explore IT synergies. Build and maintain strategic relationships with key vendors as well as counterparts at other nutrition companies.
location: Lake Bluff, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Core Job Responsibilities
- Understands the Nutrition quality and lab functions and ensures that IT solutions meet the needs of the business. Consults with IT functions, business process owners and business unit management on IT solutions. Works with project teams to recommend solutions assuring fit with BU direction, strategy and priorities.
- Develops and maintains project/application roadmaps to align with business opportunities, process improvements, and cost efficiencies. Responsible for prioritizing demand.
- Initiate and manage Project Requests in support of roadmaps and individual work effort. Monitor and report on project execution.
- Function as a project manager as required (often during initiation and planning)
- Document business processes and requirements in support of roadmap development and project initiation.
- Directly responsible for preparing monthly business reviews and other key reports and metrics.
- Responsible for managing project budgets and providing monthly forecasts.
- Resolve issues raised to the governance committees of projects and ensure projects stay in scope.
- Actively identify and document business process improvement and tangible benefits in support of project requests
- Challenge and improve alignment of the business requirements with regional or global templates
- Compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- People leadership; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separation. Determine necessary skills set.
Operates with goals set by the sector BRM, but at the same time is highly self-motivated and directed. Has direct impact on capital budget, expenses, and major project completion. Make strategic decisions that impact the business unit and/or division. Shared decision authority for business unit IT budget and project activities. Manage initiatives that span virtual teams across the world and cross cultures
Works on key initiatives such as ONE LIMS Program, Data Integrity and Laboratory Asset Management Program and Lab of the Future.
Oversees capital/RCE and expense expenditures. Continually looks for opportunities for cost reductions and avoidance.
May manage up to 10 indirect reports.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for the healthcare industry or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of IT and business experience in large or midsized multinational health care organization with emphasis on quality systems.
- Experience with lab instruments and software (LIMS, Chromatography Data Systems)
- IT and business expertise in in Quality and Lab systems (i.e., Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Quality Management Systems, Product Life Cycle Management (PLM), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Quality business process knowledge including material sampling and lab processes, Document Management, Quality Training, Audit, Complaints, LIMs etc.
- IT system development delivery and support.
- Experience in setting IT and business strategy and business IT alignment.
- Strong project management skills. Direct experience leading governance boards of large multi-disciplinary projects.
- Strong influence and negotiating skills. Experience leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect teams.
- Experience with GxP validation.
- Working knowledge / certification on technology systems and standard processes used in the labs.
- PMP Strongly preferred
- Participation in strategic industry forums.
- Experience with LIMS and integration to SAP.
- Other Desired technologies: SAP Quality Modules, Product Life Cycle Management (PLM), Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Experience creating deliverables from Business Case through Request for Capital Expenditure (RCE)
- In the future this job could have periodic travel estimated at 20-35%.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Data Analysis
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.