The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up in AWS and Azure cloud. The Data Engineer will support the software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture through the ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and redesigning our data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
location: Alameda, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture in Azure and AWS.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using compute technologies in the public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple geographical regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Working knowledge and experience with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role using big data technologies in AWS or Azure
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Big data tools: Spark, Synapse, Kafka
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Serverless: Lambda or Azure Functions, Cosmos DB or Dynamo DB, EMR
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming
- Programming languages: Python, .NET Core, Java
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Working knowledge and experience with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets in Azure and AWS.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and scalable big data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- 7+ years of experience in the healthcare/software industry
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.