Application Developer - This role is to be an active part of our clients' Managed Public Cloud software developer team globally.
This person will be responsible for designing and developing software for our hyperscaler cloud business. Looking for pure developers, not a cloud engineer, that can build out applications and code. The team you would be joining builds the applications that runs the cloud for end customers. The work can range from services integrated with cloud providers to platforms for customer interaction to backend business systems.
As a member of this team, you'll have a chance to contribute to this organizations fastest growing and most complex systems on a range of technologies. You'll see firsthand how cloud is being used by thousands of customers and get to build responsive, meticulously designed applications. We breathe modern technology into our internal platforms to show our customer's how they need to build theirs.
Come join an exciting, rewarding, and fast paced team! Fully remote, 3 month contract to hire position.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Working with Product to assess functional requirements for new product offerings, analyze the technical feasibility, and coordinate task assignments with agility to effectively deliver innovative software.
- Implementing automated unit, integration, and smoke tests where appropriate
- Developing code where deployments to production happen continuously
- Working in a heavily multi-cloud environment and comfortable working within different deployment environments
- Establishes and adheres to coding and process best practices, including code reviews - Makes regular contribution to engineering standards and best practices
- Motivates members in project initiatives to contribute their best
- Drives and coordinates research, proof of concept and/or prototype works by project team members.
- Gain support for complex architecture and to negotiate solution/architectural trade-offs - Writes software using the best tool for the job, mixing open source and proprietary tech as relevant - Writes and reviews design documents
- Participates in project discussions
- Working in a DevOps culture including team's on call rotation and maintenance schedule
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.