Seeking a Sr. Forecasting Analyst to join our growing team!
We think perfect spreadsheets and balanced books are beautiful. Our team embraces the crucial nature of our work and digs into the details to sleuth out correct data. We work on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. We make it happen and we grow--ourselves and our company.
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Finance & Business Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Revenue FP&A Your main focus will be on modeling the growth of newly managed homes. You will work closely with Sales and Marketing executives to understand and forecast unit growth. There will also be routine problem solving exercises and ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions. You must be able to break down large and sometimes messy data sets to identify trends to help leadership understand our growth trajectory. This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You'll need to know your way around excel, have some experience in statistics and SQL, and a solid common/business sense to translate data into solutions. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity to interact with many functions of the company.
What You'll Do:
- Build models and forecast new homeowner units sales utilizing both an analytical approach and partnering with Sales and Marketing as their single point of contact
- Forecast homeowner unit lifecycle from the point of sale and in some cases to attrition
- Analyze and support calculations of efficiencies of Marketing campaigns, including market level planning
- Headcount planning and productivity analysis
- Provide leadership with insights into underlying business drivers to support key decision making
- Develop strong partnerships between data engineering, marketing, finance, and other business functions.
- Communicate your findings to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, economics, statistics, math, etc
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Experience working with relationship databases using SQL
- Very strong data modeling skills
- strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Extras We Would Like to Have:
- Experience with statistical modeling software such as R or Python
- Knowledge of econometric modeling (regression, time series experience, etc)
- 3-5 years in business/finance analytics
- Experience forecast revenue in a Marketplace company
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.