Randstad. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Moving them forward. human forward.
Our clients' team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Let's talk about the role.
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Clearance Required: Public Trust
Job Summary: Seeking an HPC Manager who will be interacting with the Program Manager, Site Lead, Customer, and site staff attending regularly scheduled customer meetings to keep the customer informed of activities and progress, answer customer inquiries concerning all aspects of the various HPC systems and advanced technology activities.
location: Greenbelt, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, engineering, and integration of high performance computing technologies to deliver agile and highly available services to our client.
o Areas of accountability include: advanced technology and architecture, government acquisitions and integrations, high performance computing platform system administration, including disaster recovery, data center operations, operating systems, internal HPC networks, security, and service delivery management processes
o Responsibilities include project management, task tracking, documentation, financial management, personnel management and reporting.
o Design strategy within core functions to support the NASA's vision. Leads strategic technology planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technologies.
o Drive execution and technology adoption initiatives, evaluating, and redefining technology architecture, evaluating current operating technology systems to map to business needs, and ensuring effective execution of IT strategy while maintaining the highest level of efficiency, and promoting speed, quality and low-cost operations.
o Develops and attracts high-caliber talent to match the identified needs of the IT organization. Serves as a role model in this area, demonstrating personal engagement in the development of direct reports as well as other IT management and professional staff.
o Drives continuous improvement by seeking and evaluating new and emerging technology ideas, changes and trends on an ongoing basis. Recommends new technology to improve customer experience, reduce costs and provide a competitive advantage.
o Collaborates with peer managers -- both onsite and at other NACS locations to foster effective service delivery, best practice sharing, and other means of implementing efficiencies.
o Participate in weekly teleconference team meetings and prepare minutes of meetings.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required plus 15 years of experience.
- Recent HPC and advanced technology management experience leveraging Linux platforms
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Knowledge of the latest HPC hardware and software management tools as well as the HPC vendor landscape
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Sound understanding and appreciation for all major functional areas of IT
- Track record of attracting and developing a strong and diverse team and IT organization
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customer, and managers
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.