Randstad Federal is seeking a Technical Analyst.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides support for two elements--first is to monitor and operate the supercomputer and support systems; second is to provide first-level assistance and problem resolution to users of the NASA Advanced Computing Facility.
- Active monitoring of high-performance computers (HPC) and mass storage systems
- Triage issues and escalate to backline support groups as necessary
- Junior system administration activities
- User account management
- Develop scripts and tools to automate repetitive tasks
- First level troubleshooting and analysis of system problems
- Communicate information to the operations and technical support groups
- Complete physical floor checks of the computer systems in separate facilities
- Tape library media management
- Must be able to obtain clearance to work within a NASA regulated worksite
- High School Diploma plus 3 years work experience or an Associate's Degree (strongly prefer a technical degree such as Computer Science) plus 0-1 year's relevant work experience.
- IT Background in experience and/or education
- Customer service skills in a technical environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a desire to grow technical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical details and issues to both technical/non-technical staff/users
- Ability to work in a 24/7/365 shift environment
- Bachelor's degree is a plus as is command line Linux experience or knowledge Linux Certifications
- Prior technical support experience
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.