Administers and manages complex database systems. Creates, manages, and monitors performance and tuning of databases. Responsible for data warehousing design, data architecture strategy design and capacity planning.
location: LOS ANGELES, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 72 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned databases.
- Implements data models and database designs and enables applications with efficient back-end access and processing.
- Resolves database performance, capacity, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Installs and configures database management software (DBMS) and applicable service packs and/or patches.
- Develops and implements database maintenance plans, including performing integrity checks, updating statistics and monitoring security and hardware resource utilization.
- Establishes regular backups of databases and transaction logs.
- Manages logins and user accounts, including assigning database object permissions and ancillary privileges.
- Schedules and manages jobs for data transfers and sundry procedures and monitors performance and impact on operations.
- Participates in data modeling and database logical and physical design.
- Participates in application development processes and code reviews of database objects.
- Analyzes long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Configures database server to work with middleware, web servers and OnLine Analytical Processing (OLAP) tools.
- Configures, supports, and optimizes replication.
- Performs acceptance testing on computer systems, applications and hardware.
- Physical and Virtual machines SQL Server and Windows Server performance monitoring, configuration management, and performance tuning
- Forecasting SQL Server resource utilization and providing supporting evidence or reports for capacity planning
- TSQL performance tuning
- SQL Server upgrades
- Performance Monitoring for OS, SQL Server or SQL workflows.
- SQL Server licensing
- SQL Jobs and Maintenance Plans
- SQL Server patching
- SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Windows and SQL Server clustering
- SQL Server Disaster Recovery
- Log Shipping
- SQL Server Mirroring
- Always on Availability Groups
- Microsoft SQL Azure Managed Instances
- Microsoft Azure
- Key Vault
- Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager
Preferred technology (Understanding will be helpful but not required for job function)
- Zerto for disaster recovery
- Azure DataFactory
- Azure DevOps pipeline
- Redis Cache
- Jira (Agile)
Will typically have a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience including relational database theory and relational database programming experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.