As a Hardware Test Engineer, you will collaborate and be involved in all phases of the engineering process from design to deployment to meet challenging robotics functionality and automotive qualification requirements. You will design and refactor the test engineering requirements, develop hardware test plans, develop test cases, design and build test fixtures, execute tests, and analyze the results to validate components and subsystems of the complete hardware system design. You will also work with product design engineers and manufacturing engineers to root cause and troubleshoot designs that fail tests. You will work with engineers to implement bug prevention strategies, design for testability, and other quality standards.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design test hardware, circuitry and fixtures
- Work with the hardware engineering team providing testing requirements for the same
- Work closely with the software team to establish test infrastructure and automation solutions
- Architect test solutions for product characterization and production
Experience & Skills
- Hardware functional testing experience
- Knowledge of robotics and/or automotive electromechanical requirements, design and testing
- Experience preparing test plans, executing test plans and preparing clear test reports
- Experience working with design, firmware engineering, Labview and contract manufacturing partners in the development of hardware products
- A quantitative/analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong detail oriented debugging skills
- Experience using statistical data analysis to provide in-depth understanding and risk assessments of designs and manufacturing processes
- Experience developing DFMEAs and PFMEAs
- A record of successful test engineering project ownership and working in a fast-paced environment including rapid prototype development and automation testing
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulation and testing environments
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.