We are looking for a hands on technical Help Desk/ Desktop Supervisor for a direct hire opportunity for a client of ours in San Antonio, TX. This role will be a mix of managing a team as well as assisting with Tier 1-2 escalations at the help desk/desk top so you must still be providing technical support yourself.
Below are the qualifications/background we are seeking:
- n IS/IT related Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- Extensive direct and relevant work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Certification in at least one technical area (A+, Network+ or MCP); degree can be substituted
- 6+ years of experience in a mid to high volume, technically complex support role.
- 5+ years trouble IS infrastructure issues of a more complex nature.
- 5+ years leading a help desk support function for a mid to large organization.
- 4+ years of experience with Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- 3+ years of experience in user password management and administration within Windows AD
- Solid knowledge of desktop and laptop computing hardware.
- Experience with LAN\WAN implementations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with e-mail systems - in particular Outlook/Exchange.
- With remote communications and trouble-shooting tools.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Lead and inspire other members of the infrastructure team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of associates and consultants ranging from entry level to executive level positions.
- Analyze and resolve complex software problems with effective solutions.
- Research independently and pursue self-educational opportunities
- Manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines.
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Project a professional image both over the phone and in person
- May travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Supervise IS System Administrators and Help Desk Analysts.
- Supervise the work assigned to outside contractors.
- Mentor, coach and inspire the System Administrator/Help Desk Team.
- Perform semi-annual performance evaluations and reviews.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.