Randstad Technologies is looking for a qualified Accountant to fill a contract for one of our largest healthcare clients.
The client is recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans!
This is a 100% Remote role and open to candidates located in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland or DC
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
location: Oakland, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.69 - 45.78 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for supporting financial transactions and analyses, internal and external reporting, and internal and external audits while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities (The primary job duties this position is responsible for achieving are listed in order of importance.)
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies and applying data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations, communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible, and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Supports financial transactions by preparing accounting activities and reconciliations leading to a complete set of accurate financial statements (e.g. journal entries, estimates, disbursements) in accordance with GAAP and company policies, and maintaining support documentation.
- Supports external reporting of Company financial information by assisting with reporting to external parties (e.g. IRS, Census Bureau, NAIC, FTC); and compiling data for reports. Supports financial analyses by reviewing operational statistics; responding to ad hoc request for analysis; and understanding data gathering methods.
- Supports communication of financial results by presenting information in verbal and written form; and documenting processes; and explains financial concepts to individuals without finance training.
- Supports finance system design, implementations, enhancements, and continuous improvements by understanding flow of transactions through source systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or related field OR Minimum three (3) years accounting or related business experience.
- One (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Two (2) years experience working with intermediate functions of spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including filtering data, creating pivot tables, and linking workbooks or spreadsheets.
- Two (2) years experience working with basic database functions, including running queries and reports.
- Two (2) years experience working with financial information systems.
- Two (2) years health care industry experience.
- One (1) year experience participating in the testing and/or validation of financial system implementation or integration.
- One (1) year experience in technical accounting, requiring the interpretation of accounting guidelines and documenting recommendations for accounting practices.
- One (1) year experience in financial analysis.
- One (1) year experience in financial reporting.
- One (1) year audit or accounting firm experience.
- One (1) year payroll accounting experience.
- One (1) year tax experience.
- One (1) year statutory experience.
- One (1) year experience with Hospital and Professional patient revenue accounting, including experience with government payers reimbursement.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.