If you are passionate about leading change and creating the future in a rapidly growing industry this role is for you! This position will involve understanding the technology behind various products and systems to lead the development of the system design as new programs go through our commercialization process. This role performs various MBSE related tasks including providing support to the reliability and V&V engineering teams, as well as providing support to mechatronics, controls, software, and other architecture teams. Additionally, you will work alongside and provide feedback to product/solution teams throughout commercialization development and maintaining systems designs after installations.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- V-model activities such as system requirements definition, system design, system verification and validation. Ensure non-functional requirements such as performance, reliability, security, and serviceability are covered.
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and derive reliability requirements from this analysis.
- Participate in technical design reviews at various stages of the program lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields. Master's or PhD degree preferred.
- 2+ years of engineering experience preferred, preferably in the manufacturing, automation, machine building, or aerospace industries.
- Understanding of V-model systems engineering process.
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as IBM DOORs, IBM Jazz, HP ALM or similar.
- Experience with model-based systems engineering and tools such as IBM Rhapsody, MagicDraw or similar.
- Knowledge of MBSE modeling language such as SysML or similar.
- Knowledge of system verification and validation, including simulations and physical testbeds.
- Help define strategy for verification and validation including use of simulators, emulators, and physical testing.
- Development of system models using SysML. Promote the use of systems engineering tools (e.g., requirements management, defect management, test management) for managing V-model activities.
- Collaborate closely and stay aligned with product management, mechatronics engineering, software architecture, R&D and regional engineering teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.