Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced Support Services Technican that will provide first-level technical support of computer software and hardware products and services. Respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users. This includes problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps. Resolve basic to moderately complex problems while referring more complex problems to senior level technicians. Assist users inquiring how to use specific software, electronic mail, or operating systems. Use existing processes and tools (e.g., problem management database and help desk systems) to proactively support office staff and equipment. This position will handle calls as their primary duties as well as work tickets and may be asked to help with projects.
location: KANSAS CITY, Kansas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs of Windows 10 as well as some Apple products
- Perform troubleshooting on Network Printer and Multifunctional Devices as well as Home Office Printers
- Perform troubleshooting and have a working knowledge of Office365
- Knowledge of accessing systems remotely via remote tools such as Teamviewer
- Perform troubleshooting on remote VPN connectivity
- Perform troubleshooting on network drive access
- Work daily with Active Directory with knowledge on resetting passwords and assigning users and computers to groups
- Perform troubleshooting on mobile devices, iPhone/iPad and Android
- Work daily with internal customers via phone, and email, with the occasional walk ups
- Accurately record all work and troubleshooting in tickets in ServiceNow Ticketing system
- Associate degree in related field of study preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in MS Windows environment handling Level 1 calls
- Experience handling desktop and laptop break/fix support
- Experience using and troubleshooting MS Office (O365) products
- Experience using ticketing systems, ServiceNow preferred
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 workstations
- Superior customer service skills
- Able to communicate and translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to clearly document technical processes.
- Proficiently manage and troubleshoot Microsoft desktop operating systems.
- Able to ask directed and logical questions to determine problem causation and follow documented processes to a successful resolution.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Users and Comp.
- Knowledge of Apple products including iPhone, iPad and Mac Computers
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.