We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineering position for a Direct Hire opportunity here in Kansas City. This candidate will be responsible for managing and assisting in architecting and designing the firm's hybrid network infrastructure - on premise and in the cloud. Plan, implement and maintain the network operations and support.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, planning, support, and lifecycle maintenance of:
o Network security and VLAN configuration and changes.
o Wireless network infrastructure.
o Storage networking infrastructure.
o Voice and unified messaging infrastructure.
o External data communication components, including the WAN configuration, inter-office connectivity and Internet access.
o VPN systems
o Windows Server infrastructure
o Firewalls and security boundary technologies
o VMWare server infrastructure
- Utilize network monitoring tools to identify problems and analyze the root cause, as well as for proactive capacity planning and replacement strategies.
- Research and evaluate available and emerging network technologies, to provide guidance for future direction and recommendations for current projects.
- Work with external consultants or vendor resources when needed to provide additional expertise.
- Take the lead role on network upgrades and implementations, using sound project management skills to achieve objectives.
- Work closely with other members of the IT staff supporting end users, managing the technology environment, solving complex problems, communicating, and documenting systems changes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.