We are looking for a Senior engineering for one of our projects called Mercury. In this team, you will work with highly motivated engineers, working in a fast-paced environment! In this project, we focus on scaling new and existing products by using the strengths of Apache Spark in Prism and new technologies. We are rapidly growing the compiler code space that resolves, parses and rewrites the query for efficient scale and performance.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $170,000 - 245,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work with architects on technical direction and successfully deliver project goals for the release
- Understand requirements and design solutions
- Active coder reviewer for team's commits
- Work closely with PM and SDET of the team
- Coach, mentor and provide immediate feedback to junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Technical expertise with compilers
- Excellent coding skills in Java or Scala
- Experience with improving performance of compilers
- Ability to connect the business needs with technology and
- communicate effectively with leadership
- Technical experience with distributed systems
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
- Ability to articulate sophisticated technical ideas
- Curiosity to determine how things work
- Good grasp of SQL
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Science
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.