We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer II for a direct hire opportunity for a client of ours in San Antonio, TX.
The qualifications/background required are listed below however, the ideal candidate will have a strong background with Cisco Firewalls.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) required.
- A total of eight (8) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of (8) years of experience in network engineering, design, implementation and support of large scale LAN and WANs.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Access Networks to include:
- Experience designing and implementing converged networks including the following technologies: SD-WAN, WAN Optimization, WCCP, VXLAN Overlays, and Wireless.
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using technologies such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, BFD, Policy-Based Routing, Route Redistribution, and SD-WAN.
- strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN enterprise networks.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPsec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential.
- Expert knowledge of Quality of Service, IPsec, Multicast, Infoblox DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- Expert knowledge of network security concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Novell, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
- Experience with the following platforms is desired:
- Cisco Catalyst 9K, ISR/ASR, Nexus
- Cisco ASA/FTD firewalls
- Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers
- VMware NSX overlays and routing integration (eBGP)
- General Network Forensics, Packet Analyzers
- Cisco and Aruba Wireless
- Cisco ISE and Aruba Clearpass
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Day to day activities include network provisioning, performance tuning, adding networks, scripting for automating of tasks, assigning ports, error tracking, data movement, software configurations, product evaluation, and addressing interoperability issues as well as mentoring the network engineer/administrator staff
- Will works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for network technologies, escalation support for the rest of the team, and provide training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks.
- Strategy & Planning - Plans and coordinates the future state of the LAN/WAN networks for clients information management. Designs network solutions that meet the information system vision and strategy of the organization; plans, prioritizes, and manages projects, service requests, and routine assignments.
- System Engineering - Analyzes WAN network configurations for critical corporate resources; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the network; addresses all aspects including hardware, software, outside services, etc. and prevents unplanned disruptions of critical systems.
- Network Forensics - Captures, recording, and analysis of network events in order to discover the source of security attacks or other problem incidents using security best practices through unique protocol analysis real-time network data capture, advanced visualization, pattern and content analysis, and on-demand incident playback. Analyze network data for advance problem identification and vulnerability management.
- System Management- Designs, implements, and oversees a proactive process to collect and report data and statistics on the internetworking environment; ensures the systems operate efficiently and meet the needs of the organization; ensures they are kept at most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches; performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates; coordinates vendor support and ensures relationship is never jeopardized; monitors performance of all assigned systems, responds to reports of slow or erratic performance; control of all aspects of the network; provides training to IM associates and clients as needed
- Training & Certification - Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in internetworking technologies including but not limited to vendor certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.