Randstad Engineering Solutions is looking for qualified delivery directors to support the Engineering Team. This position will be responsible for leading projects and supporting business development.
Title: Engineering Delivery Director
Duration: No end Date
Shift: M-F 8 am-5 pm
For immediate review and consideration, please email resume to Jomarie.Mercado@Randstadusa.com
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
"The Delivery Director responsibilities are broad and rewarding; you are the direct interface to external customers (our clients) in this position. For your customers you are responsible for capturing new, follow-on and grow business through development of relationships; working in a technical and programmatic consultative role; and setting, meeting and exceeding project expectations. This will require technical depth in the area of electronic product development and full life cycle embedded software development. You are responsible for ensuring Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals for your projects are achieved.
-- Plan and execute all aspects of project delivery.
-- Be consultative with customers to understand their technical and programmatic challenges to develop solutions to address their needs. This requires technical depth.
-- Responsible for successfully managing all technical, financial, contractual and schedule aspects of multiple projects. Has financial responsibility for assigned projects.
-- Work with customers to define requirements and is their primary contact on status and performance. Anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and business growth.
-- Captures new business and manages a variety of Bid and Proposal efforts. Participates in business strategy sessions.
-- Leads a functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are well understood and executed. Provide overall leadership to project teams and drive technical compliance.
-- Acts as customer interface for project activities. Leads project review sessions with the customer to address cost, schedule and technical performance.
-- Manages subcontractor actions and performance.
-- Develops and manages technical performance metrics on assigned projects.
-- Identifies and executes plans to mitigate project risks.
- Requires 5 years' experience in project management in the development of complex electronic systems including the development of embedded software.
- 5 years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either Project Lead, Integrated Project team or Cost Account Manager
- 5 years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
- PMP Certification
- Technical background in aerospace, electrical, computer or mechanical engineering preferred
- Experience developing systems for regulated indistries (avionics, automotive, healthcare, etc.)
- Ability to manage external customers and internal functional teams through all aspects of engineering, development, and testing.
- Experience with growing existing business and/or new business with current customers.
- Ability to utilize excellent decision making and risk management skills to create profit and meet schedule.
- Experience with leadership, coaching and building effective teams.
Industry: Regulated, (Avionics, Automotive, Heathcare)
Development Processes: Structured (e.g. DO-178B like)
- Excellent verbal communications
- Excellent written communications and presentation skills
- Experience leading and coaching and building teams
- Experience managing customers in a consultative fashion.
- Technical background in electrical, computer or mechanical engineering and complex electronic product development.
- Experience managing technical and programmatic aspects of projects with responsibility for cost,schedule and technical performance
These would be a plus:
- Experience capturing new business and managing bid and proposal efforts.
- Experience with risk mitigation
- PMP certification
Travel required? Some
Please consider this exciting opportunity to join a large and growing Engineering Solutions team with the potential of supporting multiple high profile customers on a variety of products using exciting technologies.
Randstad Referral Program:
Know someone who might be a fit for this job? Randstad's referral program pays up to $500 if we hire your referral! Contact us for details!
Randstad Engineering Solutions is a national provider of Electronics Product Development related Solutions services to various industries including Avionics, Medical Devices, Automotive, Communications and more. We have 8 delivery centers nationally but also provide onsite support to many of our customers.
ISO9001:2015 / AS9100D certified.
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.