Our client is looking for a remote Programmer Analyst to join their growing team. The ideal candidate for this exciting opportunity will have hands on experience programming using COBOL or other object-oriented languages, COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, and VSAM.
- Five years minimum experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to complete assignments with little or no assistance.
location: Galveston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $87,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Communicate effectively with the business representatives.
- Understand business requirements and apply them to supporting system.
- Code readable, reliable and maintainable programs.
- Perform unit and system testing using test plans and scripts approved by the business.
- Review test results with the business and make necessary adjustments to the deliverable.
- Obtain approval and migrate deliverables to the production environment.
- Accurately record time and status to appropriate projects or support activity for billing.
- Respond promptly to production issues by serving an on-call rotation for the 24-hour support.
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.