We have over a decade of experience providing talent with clearance and workforce solutions that drive bottom-line value for federal agencies and the organizations that serve them. Learn more about what we do, meet our experienced team and get an inside look at the strategic partnerships that set us apart.
Let's talk about the role.
Location: Melbourne, FL
Remote Capabilities: None
Clearance Required: Public Trust
Job Summary: As a Service Activation Engineer, candidate will support supervision of FTI equipment and service order installation and activation. The candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams and work independently implementing scheduled network maintenance events. Other tasks include managing special projects supporting program requirements.
location: Melbourne, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Execute and document formal acceptance testing of FTI products and services per program requirements
- Knowledge of FTI Telecommunications equipment installation, configuration and testing standards including TDM, PDH, SDH, SONET, and IP network architecture
- Possess an intermediate (CCNA certification, or equivalent experience) level of experience troubleshooting IP network configurations.
- Domain knowledge of data protocols including TCP/IP, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, LDP, PIM, MSDP, and Ethernet.
- Strong customer interface skills supporting coordination of both Telco providers and Harris field technician site access as required
- Test, troubleshoot, and validate communication circuits per IEEE, ITU, TIA, ISO and FTI specifications
- Collaborate closely with FTI Engineering team members to resolve implementation and acceptance issues as needed
- Responsible to execute a coordinated Maintenance Request (MR) activity to support, Engineering changes per customer and program requirements.
- Responsible to execute services disconnects throughout the establish Network / CPE per customer and program request via establish program disconnect process.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.