Our client, a growing Financial Services firm is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to improve critical software tools used widely by internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Led technically complex systems and is currently hands-on in software development.
- Has experience in interpreting complex requirements associated with Analytical tools.
- Has experience working in an Agile environment.
- 10+ years of experience in Java (JDK1.8 or higher), Java collection APIs and Spring Boot Framework
- 3+ years of experience developing in Python.
- Building CI/CD pipeline with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in using AWS cloud services: EC2, EKS, Lambda, S3, etc.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in developing Rest and GraphQL APIs
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, and NoSQL and ability to create complex queries to extract data and build performant datasets.
- Experience working and creating data pipelines using Kafka Streams.
- Experience in working with Microservices and Distributed Computing.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code techniques and practices.
- Must have CI/CD Pipeline experience (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experienced in using development tools like GIT, Maven, Ant, Junit, IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse.
- Proficient in RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres) and NoSQL (Cassandra, Mongo, or Redis, etc.).
- Experience with distributed systems such as Spark, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Presto, PySpark) to query and process data.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $175,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Partner with the Product owner and multiple teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements.
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions to solve them.
- Automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Architect and design applications and databases in conjunction with the Architecture Chapter.
- Code and test applications.
- Review delivered applications for compliance with designs.
- Work with the Quality Analysts to ensure that the framework and coding standards are adhered to.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.