You will design, develop, and test embedded software for infrared and sensing systems working in a fast-paced team on the best and most popular thermal products in the world.
You will be part of a team that defines and implements our next generation automotive and general-purpose thermal cameras. You will help develop software, tools, processes, and software architectures used in the best thermal cameras in the world. It's a fast-paced, highly cooperative environment with room for growth.
location: Goleta, California
job type: Contract
salary: $90 - 110 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- BS/MS or equivalent education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related scientific degree
- 10+ years of experience with embedded programming and board level software development in C (or equivalent)
- Experience with embedded RTOS (e.g. embedded Linux, RTEMs, etc.) and multi-threaded software development
- Ability to understand both the hardware and software components of the embedded systems under development
- Excellent knowledge of hardware subsystems and common peripheral buses such as I2C, SPI, USB, and MIPI
- Experience designing, specifying, and implementing low latency protocols and interfaces between peripherals and devices is very helpful. Client software operates under rigorous constraints related to latency and frame loss.
- Ability to setup various embedded tool chains, build and debugging environments, and use of debugging tools like oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc. is extremely helpful
- Experience with infrared technologies, image acquisition, and processing is highly desired but not required
- Image processing algorithm experience is highly desired but not required
- Ability to work unsupervised on challenging problems in cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written skills - especially the ability to distill complex technical details into documentation
- Superior embedded software debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in collaborative, fast paced environments
- Ability to succinctly present technical ideas in presentations
- Experience developing automotive software, especially ISO26262 compliant SW is highly desired but not required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.