Our client in the greater Austin area is seeking a Sr. Site Reliability Engineering to join our team.
Working closely with the Release Trains which is currently comprised of 20+ development teams and growing.
You will focus on building our SRE practice from the ground up, working with industry-leading third parties providing lift and expertise as the SRE team grows.
This is an exceptionally exciting area of the company, as we are expecting to realize significant growth from the homegrown and acquired products for which this group is responsible. Consequently, this particular role is reserved for a hard-hitter, a seasoned veteran, with a masterful grasp of the craft, a conqueror of all things cloud. Downtime fears you, and no metric is hidden from your sight. Reliable Delivery is your middle name.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Servant leader's mindset - you listen, understand, and lead your engineering teams into the goodness of reliability practices.
- Comfortable in the chaos of a startup, knowing that you will tame it, one system at a time.
- Incredible communication skills - you can organize complex information in an instant and paint a clear picture with your words.
- Averse to clicking in a UI, and only ever do it tentatively, knowing deep in your heart that these sorts of things should be automated, at least until you build a robot to do it for you (still automated). A compulsion to automate everything - deploying, scanning, testing, monitoring, telemetry and metrics.
- Model empowerment - shifting your SRE practices to the engineering teams you serve as much as they can handle.
- Being humble in knowing that you don't know what you don't know, and reaching out for perspectives in the name of expediency and efficiency (no cowboy coders, no analysis paralysis.)
- Display a sense of ownership for the work you produce, but let it go when you've helped a team mature and stand on their own.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.