Our client is a well-known Health System in New York and they are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join their growing team on a full-time basis! The Lead Data Engineer will be brought on to be responsible for data management and engineering in support of the Actuarial Informatics team of data scientists who deliver reporting, statistical modeling and advanced analytics for each of the client's diverse business areas. The role will be architecting, supporting, enhancing and enriching a new Commercialization data model for supporting the data scientist team with various projects and stakeholders. This position brings excellent opportunities for growth and exposure within all levels of the organization. Develop great business relationships throughout the company footprint! Are you the next Lead Data Engineer? Reach out today with your updated resume for immediate consideration!
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Architect and develop a comprehensive and flexible data model to handle the needs of the Commercialization Department stakeholder that meets the needs of existing and future projects.
- Guide team Data Engineers on data needs and development for project needs as well as provide insight into workflow improvement.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with your stakeholders and customers to understand their needs and ensure all data management requests are properly triaged, recorded and tracked.
- Work hand in hand with data scientists and operational business and product resources to build a comprehensive, scalable, and integrated data model for the Commercialization business that includes consumer data, employer data, health center data and claims data.
- Work with consumer data (call, chat, other CRM, etc.), billing, clinical, enrollment, eligibility, medical claims, pharmacy claims, financial, administrative, and other corporate or third-party data from raw, modeled, and disparate internal and external sources.
- Ensure all data intake leverages approved enterprise methods for data exchange and transfer, including setup and utilization of secure FTP.
- Work with IT or independently to collect, organize, integrate, profile and curate data, in both our Oracle RDMS, Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure Hadoop.
- Clearly communicate data issues to the recipients and work to improve data quality where possible within the data marts you create.
- Feed data quality issues back to IT or identified data stewards (inside and outside the team) to assist in our quest for the highest quality data.
- Design and build complex Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) routines to ensure that data intake is consistently processed and integrated in accordance with approved business logic.
- Design and build data marts to specification to enhance efficiency of standard reporting and analyses being built by data science analysts.
- Leverage new and existing APIs to build efficient pipelines for data exchange with internal and external parties.
- Execute production programs on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule for standardized reporting and other data processes that have been built by data science analysts.
- Adhere to corporate standards for performance metrics, data collection, data integrity, query design, and reporting format to ensure high quality, meaningful analytic output.
- Work closely with IT on the ongoing improvement of Mount Sinai's integrated data warehouse, driven by strategic and business needs, and designed to ensure data and reporting consistency throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain project work plans, including critical tasks, milestones, timelines, interdependencies and contingencies. Track and report progress. Keep stakeholders apprised of project status and implications for completion.
- Prepare clear, well-organized project-specific documentation, including, at a minimum, data dictionaries, analytic methods used, key decision points and caveats, with sufficient detail to support comprehension and replication.
- Ability to coordinate with offshore development resources on various requests and projects.
- Share development and process knowledge with other staff to assure redundancy and continuously build a core of technical strength within the organization.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Apply these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.