Our client - a leading provider of consumer Wi-Fi networking products - is looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team. They continuously develop new products and technologies that transform the way people connect. Their networking expertise uniquely positions them as a leader in emerging technologies that improve our everyday lives, such as smart home products. This is a full-time role with benefits and located in Irvine, CA.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Job Description and Profile
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a professional who implements testing tasks to ensure product quality, which includes usability, stability, and performance. He has a deep insight into the networking protocols, is sensitive to factors that may interfere with the test result, and has a big view on the testing summary.
- Conducted all system tests such as regression, function, stability, and performance tests on networking, smart home products.
- Document test reports.
- Engaged with beta users and hosted beta tests.
- Design test plans, scenarios, and test cases for hardware, software, and system level testing.
- Maintain the quality standards for company products.
- Develop scripts for automation test and set up of test beds.
- Support testing tasks from product manager.
- Debug assigned issues; analyze test data and results in collaboration with Development Engineers.
- B.S. Electrical, computer science engineering or related field
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest networking, smart home products and technology.
- Must possess a solid understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP, IEEE Std 802.11).
- Able to write clear and concise reports with the ability to describe bugs in a consistent format that is easy to understand.
- Able to work in coordination with engineering teams to create and maintain verification tests.
- strong experience in system testing and test case designing.
- 1+ year system testing / quality assurance experience with electronic products (preferred)
- Python or other scripting experience. (preferred)
- Communication Skills: Display excellent verbal and written communication. You will need to be able to confidently engage with customers, management, and other company employees on a regular basis.
- Organizational and Multi-tasking Skills: Organized, highly motivated, and able to quickly adapt to changes. Able to work on multiple projects at once and practice excellent time management skills.
- Teamwork Skills: Able to work independently or as part of a team to ensure overall mission accomplishment.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.