Chicago Tribune top employer!
Hybrid OR 100% remote
Bonus, 401k match and great PTO
This role is ideal for someone with 5 years hand's on development interested in moving into a larger role managing projects, deliverable and outsourced delivery while still staying 20%+ hands-on.
The technical lead - is responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) by ensuring high quality, performant applications and solutions that meet or exceed business requirements.
- Our Tech Leads are full-stack development experts
- This role leads and collaborates with other IS staff to provide direction on the technical & functional aspects of application and solutions development
- This role will partner with other IS teams on POCs, best practices and standards
- This role will lead technical design and solutioning, code reviews, as well as root cause analysis for system issues
- This individual will stay current with latest technologies, approaches, and methods
- Proven experience building and supporting complex interfaces/integrations between non-homogenous applications and other internal and/or external applications
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Must be detail and deadline oriented as well as have a strategic mindset, looking at the big picture versus a single assignment
- Proficient in analyzing and understanding business requirements
- Desire for self-improvement and continuous education
Web technologies: J2EE/Web technologies, Java, Spring Boot, JSON, REST APIs
Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
UI development: Angular 6 or higher
Testing Tools: Junit test cases for services (Mockito)
Databases: relational databases
Project Tracking/Management: Jira, Confluence
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Source Control: GitHub
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5 years' experience in development/ 1 year lead in multiple technology tracks
location: Northfield, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
20% Java Dev, 80% Agile PM, code reviews/coordinate with external partners
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.