- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Design or a directly-related field from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- strong experience with OSGi back-end technology stack of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.4 and/or 6.5 to develop and manage AEM bundles and their configurations.
- strong experience in building content-managed websites via Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience with Apache Sling
- Expert knowledge of back end optimization and performance techniques
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, web technologies, and protocols
- Experience with Apache Maven configuration.
- Knowledge of architecting or building back-end modules and/or libraries.
- Experience working with REST, Sling, and SOAP in a production environment
- Proven ability to build and ship production-quality software to a large consumer audience, specifically user-centric design and development.
- Experience with data exchange protocols like JSON and XML.
- Ability to accurately communicate complex technical abstractions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Ability to influence peers and/or management and a champion of best practices that will encourage and drive adoption
- Experience with Project Management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
- Experience in AWS is a plus
location: Stanford, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead back-end development that drives Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) implementation and produces Java libraries, OSGi services, etc.
- Build websites and applications using AEM.
- Design and build back-end modules and workflows using the AEM architecture (Sling, CRX, OSGI, OAK).
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to content management such as search result accuracy, dynamic content linking, image scaling, and personalization.
- Work in agile, rapid development, and prototyping environments.
- Translate business requirements into AEM-specific implementation specifications.
- Design and improve internal agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Java, Python, and common design patterns
- Develops processes and selects frameworks and tools for web content management and web application development.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Generate systems software engineering policies, standards, and procedures.
- Designs develop, tests, debugs, and implements operating systems components, software tools, and utilities.
- Hands-on technical role; contributes to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, and QA.
- Creates and improves AEM infrastructure to address system performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of SHC web products.
- Works with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements and ensure web applications meet functional requirements.
- Develops functional prototypes from wireframes and mockups and create's proper documentation.
- Performs unit testing, implementation, and production application support.
- Participates in troubleshooting problems related to webpage performance & mobile web optimization.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and software engineers to refine and improve the user experience.
- Follows industry trends with regard to back-end technologies and AEM techniques.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.