Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments.
We are currently sourcing for a Full Stack Developer to work in Durham, North Carolina!
Fidelity Electronic Notifications System (FENS) is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer/Developer to craft, develop and implement Distributed applications in an agile development environment.
This role requires the person to be practicing the Agile methodology as an engineering squad member. Squad member assignments will be Agile based tasks and/or stories to deliver what is required as part of the product team backlog refinement. This squad member will be responsible to create, design, develop and maintain the technical solutions. This is a hands-on technology professional role where you will closely collaborate with the Squad Lead and other members of the squad to deliver quality solutions to support the business needs.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Programming skills (Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, Multi-threading, Object Oriented Design)
- Messaging technologies, such as, Kafka, MQ, TIBCO EMS
- Secure REST APIs
- AWS Services - EC2, Lambda, S3, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, ECS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Security
- Knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using AWS services
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker)
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
- Solid understating of data architecture patterns such as Lambda, Event driven Architecture, Data as a Service, Microservice etc.
- Relational (Oracle, DB2) and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Elastic search, Graph DB)
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
- Ability to understand and adopt to changing business priorities and technology advancements
- strong knowledge and technology trends in implementing of Big data ecosystem
- strong great teammate and able to mentor junior team members
- strong experience in problem solving analysis, owning the problem, designing the solution, and leading the change.
- Financial brokerage Knowledge skills a plus
- Designing, Building, and supporting critically important applications and APIs to provide the best customer experience
- Deliver messaging solutions and Services functionality for Institutional, Retail and Fidelity customers
- Exploring new technology trends and demonstrating them to simplify our data ecosystem
- Driving Innovation and leading the team to implement solutions with future thinking
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and productivity
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Acting as a technical mentor to the team and bringing them up to speed on latest data technologies and promoting continuous learning.
- Responsible for managing the Code reviews and Code merges for the Scrum team.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent is required; MS Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.